快捷导航
江南大学现代远程教育 第一阶段练习题
考试科目:《大学英语(一)》                    (总分100分)  

学习中心(教学点) 批次:              层次:                  
专业:                   学号:                    身份证号:               
姓名:                                                  得分:                   一、交际英语 (10%)
1、- Can I borrow your digital camera for a couple of days?
- _______
A:Yes, you may not borrow.
B:Yes, go on.
C:Sure, here you are. Enjoy your journey.
D:It doesn't matter.
2、- Good night and thanks again.
- _______
A:You can't say that.
B:No, no. It's what I can do.
C:How can you say that.
D:Good night.
3、- _______?
- It's Friday.
A:What day is it?               
B:What's the date today?
C:What's the time?              
D:What time is it?        
4、How much is that meat, please?
- _____________________
A:Ten o'clock.
B:Ten yuan a kilo.
C:I like it very much.
D:I don't like.5、-How soon will your father fly to New York?
-_____________________
A:At 7.00 am.
B:Last week. 
C:In three days.
D:Twice a year.二、阅读理解 (30%)
1、  Chess must be one of the oldest games in the world. An Arab traveller in India in the year 900 wrote that it was played 'long, long ago.' Chess was probably invented in India, and it has been played everywhere from Japan to Europe since 1400. The name 'chess' is interesting. When one player is attacking the other's king, he says in English, 'check'. When the king has been caught and cannot move anywhere, he says 'check mate'. These words come from Persian 'Shah mat' means 'the king is dead'. That is when the game is over, and one player has won.
    Such an old game changes very slowly. The rules have not always been the same as they are now. For example, at one time the queen could only move one square at a time. Now she is the strongest piece on the board. It would be interesting to know why this has happened. Chess takes time and thought, but it is a game for all kinds of people. You don't have to be a champion in order to enjoy it. It is not always played by two people sitting at the same table. The first time the Americans beat the Russians was in a match played by radio. Some of the chess masters are able to play many people at the same time. The record was when one man played 400 games! It is said that some people played chess by post. This must make chess the slowest game in the world.(1)、Chess was played in India long before 900.
A:T
B:F(2)、One player has won the game when he attacks the other player's king.
B:F(3)、Chess is a game for all sorts of people.
B:F(4)、Only two people can play chess sitting at the same table.
B:F(5)、According to the old rules of the game, the king could not move anywhere.
B:F2、   Herman had worked for the bank of Ruritania for ten years and was still only a clerk. He was not satisfied with the position and wanted to find something better. Yet he did not want to lose his position in bank before he had got another one, so he prepared a letter about himself, with the words "HELP! I AM A PRISONER OF THE BANK OF RURITANIA!" in big letters across the top. Then he sent it to several other banks, asking them for a job.
    A few days later, one of these letters came into the hands of Herman's boss at the bank; someone had given it to him at a party. The next morning, Herman's boss asked him to come into his room and said, "Herman, I have some very good news for you. The bank of Ruritania is setting you free!"(6)、Herman was not happy because he was in prison in the bank.
B:F(7)、Herman did not want to leave the Bank of Ruritania immediately because he had not found a better job yet.
B:F(8)、He wished some other bank to give him a better job.
B:F(9)、A few days later, Herman's boss found one of these letters in his office.
B:F(10)、The boss asked Herman to come into his room as he decided to fire him.
B:F3.   In 1801, Thomas Jefferson was the first president to take the oath of office in the nation's permanent capital, Washington D.C. Although Washington was a new city, it was already familiar to President Jefferson. In fact, Jefferson had helped plan the capital's streets and public buildings. Besides being a city planner and architect, the new President was a writer, a scientist, and the inventor of several tools.
    Jefferson lived in the Presidential Palace. The Palace was more than a home; it contained offices for the President and some of his staff and advisors. It also included dining and reception rooms, where the President could entertain congressmen. However, President Jefferson did not give many formal parties. This was partly because there was no First Lady. Jefferson's wife had died in 1782. But it was also because Jefferson liked to live in a simple fashion. Once, he showed up for an important meeting wearing old clothes and slippers! Neither Washington nor Adams would ever have dressed so casually.
Jefferson was different from the first two Presidents in other ways, too. He disagreed with them about how the country should be run, and about what part a President should play in running it.11.According to the passage, the Presidential Palace was built to be ________.
A) an office building and home
B) a meeting place for congressmen
C) a home
D) an office building12. According to the passage, Thomas Jefferson was all of the following except
________.
A) a writer
B) a city planner
C) the third president of the United States
D) a carpenter13. Thomas Jefferson did not entertain very often in Washington D.C. because
________.
A) he did not have new clothes
B) the food there was bad
C) he did not enjoy carefully prepared parties and there was no First Lady
D) his wife did not like it14. Which of the following statements about Washington D.C. is TRUE?
A) It was not the first capital of the United States.
B) All the American presidents took the oath of office in Washington D.C.
C) There were many old streets in Washington D.C. before 1801.
D) Washington D.C. was planned by Thomas Jefferson.15. It can be inferred from the passage that George Washington and John
Adams both ________.
A) lived in the Presidential Palace
B) were rather formal gentlemen
C) were different from Thomas Jefferson only in how to run the country
D) dressed casually三、词汇与语法 (15%)
1、I don't know _______ to deal with such matter.
A:what
B:how
C:which
D:/
2、He _______ driving me home, even though I told him I lived nearby.
A:insisted on
B:insisted at
C:insisted that
D:insisted in
3、The boy is not happy at the new school. He has ________ friends there.
A:few
B:a few
C:little
D:a little
4、I fell and hurt myself while I ________ basketball yesterday.
A:was playing
B:am playing
C:play
D:played  
5、Tom ________ more than twenty pounds on the novel.
A:spent
B:paid
C:cost
D:took 四、选词填空 (15%)
     In the eighteenth century, cities became larger and larger. People moved from the countryside and small towns to the   1  because there was more work for them to do in the cities.
On Sundays and holidays, they liked to leave the cities and have a good time in the countryside. But not every   2  had a horse or a wagon(四轮马车). People needed a simpler means of transportation.Inventors in many countries tried to solve this problem.
The first bicycle, which was very simple,  3   in 1790. People called "the horse on wheel". Then in 1861, after many improvements being made, the bicycle became a practical   4  of transportation.
    People liked bikes because they weren't as expensive as horses and didn't need to be fed. They could go anywhere and were easy to   5  .(1)、
A:appeared
B:cities
C:family
D:means
E:ride(2)、
E:ride(3)、
E:ride(4)、
E:ride(5)、
E:ride五、英译汉 (30%)
1、He didn't need to attend the meeting.
2、He prefers coffee to tea.
3、I slept soundly all night.
4、I hope we can have some snow this winter.
5、He was very happy to hear from his old friend.奥鹏作业答案
江南大学

共 0 个关于本帖的回复 最后回复于 2019-4-18 14:00

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

精彩推荐

明星用户

QQ|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|www.openhelp100.com ( 冀ICP备19026749号-1 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 09:52